Monday, January 10, 2011

Ahhh what a beautiful start to the new year it has been!  I feel so blessed to live where I do.  We of course have the beautiful mountains, the wonderful luxury of 4 true seasons; every day is something new.  We are also very lucky that in the specific area we are in we have been missed by the natural disasters that seem to take over in so many areas.  We don't get earthquakes, hurricanes and we have even been missed by the tornadoes.  It almost seems at time that we live in this little protected bubble.  We are luckier than we often think in regards to all of this.  The news said Thursday that our area had 6.1" of snowfall all together since the first snowfall of the season.  I mean really?  What on earth are people complaining about.  You would think that we had 6"+ each snowfall and people had been stuck inside for days.  In our area we haven't seen any major snows, we haven't lost our power due to the snow.  All of these people that seem to preach "Find the good in everything" seem to lose sight of their own words so often.  The way I see it.....I chose to live here and if I don't appreciate the mountains I don't have to live in them.  We have some time left of 20-30 degree temps because in case anyone forgot - it is Winter!  That is one of our 4 seasons.  It is going to happen like it or not and if it is going to be this cold I feel blessed that it is so beautiful!  Think about the areas just an hour or so from where we live that have had serious snow storms (being stuck for days and days - not just leaving late for work), the floods and tornadoes that have taken over neighboring communities, the hurricanes that leave nothing untouched.  This small little area we call home, taking all of these things into consideration, is a very special place.  Mom always says, find the good in the day.  I feel like I have been saying that to a lot of people lately that just don't get how blessed we are to live where we live.  You might get into work a little later than planned but your drive there will be beautiful.  Take a step back and soak it all in or, I guess you could consider relocation and see if you would be more of a fan of all the disasters surrounding us.  I think I will stay here.  I think I am good with having my moderate seasons.  To each their own but I love my seasons.  There is something special about all of them. Of course, our past 2 summers have just been absurdly hot BUT they are just seasons.  We get a break from one every couple months and move on to another.  At least every day is not nasty, sticky hot and every day is not a little winter storm.  Variety is the spice of life and we get that here!

The boys from the neighborhood have decided that pulling one another on sleds tied to 4 wheelers in the field outback is a good way to enjoy the winter evening.  I have to admit, it is a little funny when I walk out and see one falling off....the laughs are so loud it is hard to believe they are not right in the back yard!  LOL

Not to mention, Mother Nature has give me a wonderful background for my new daily snapshot blog!

BEAUTY EVERYWHERE!

Such Simple Beauty

♥ ♥ ♥

Loving Mother Nature

♥ ♥ ♥



♥ ♥ ♥

"Our task must be to free ourselves 
by widening our circle of compassion 
to embrace all living creatures and 
the whole of nature and its beauty." 

~ Albert Einstein



♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. Verry true girl!! I get so irritated by hearing soo many complaints about the snow. We don't have it bad at all, it's really beautiful :) Thanks for the reminder to find the good!

    ReplyDelete