Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Everglades National Park - Simply Stunning!
Oh my goodness........It has been TOO long since I have posted.  I have had SO much going on though.  I will try and do a few posts to cover rather than one HUGE post.   LOL  August, well mid August John's Mom, Step Dad and Brother came from England for 2 weeks.  In the middle of their visit we all went to Florida.  It was great to get away for sure!  We went to the Everglades, enjoyed and Airboat ride, got to hold the little gators, explored the Miami Zoo and just enjoyed the time away and all getting to know one another.  Love the Everglades BUT I must warn you, if it is hot....DON'T GO!  The mosqitos will eat you alive!  Aside from that it was a lovely trip though.  The zoo was great.  It was beautiful all day!  We got to feed the giraffes which instantly turned me into a 4 year old!  ha ha ha I loved it!



We took them to Biltmore, Cades Cove and all sorts of places.  I think they enjoyed it and enjoyed the sun since they don't seem to get much of that in England.  I recall when my mother went there with my mamaw when I was in 5th grade that they said it was cold and rainy the entire time!  Anyway, lots more to update since I am clearly so behind but again, one thing at a time.  


Hope everyone has been doing well!


Everglades National Park (yep just at side of trail)
Everglades Alligator Farm
Everglades National Park
Everglades Alligator Farm




One of my favorite shots of the trip!

"My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success"

~Helen Hayes


2 comments: