Thursday, November 29, 2012

So much catching up to do and so little time........

So, we have had a TON going on this year and I just haven't had much free time to sit down and update. Every time I start to something comes up. Amazingly I have managed to keep up my snapshot blog with a picture posted every single day since January 1, 2011!  I had really not planned to keep it up this year but it sort of just ended up that way.  Of course, the quality has probably not been as great since we have been so busy.  None the less.....

The wedding was in October and aside from being very cold out (which of course never bothered me for some reason lol) it went off without a hitch. We were so thankful to the family and close friends that were able to attend. We were able to work it out so we could livestream the ceremony to family in England which was perfect. It was so important to us that we be able to have them be part of our day. PERFECT.








Now just for the record I started on this blog a while back and clearly didn't make it too far. LoL



We honeymooned up the coast of California making our way up the PCH from San Diego to San Francisco. We hit the zoos, safaris, state parks, Malibu, the Hollywood Hills and even Alcatraz. I can't say I would trade a single moment. We had a blast exploring and sharing in new adventures together. It's what we do. Tons of photos we have yet to find the time to sit down, sort and post. lol. We will eventually get to them, promise. I am still posting my daily snapshot blog so there was at least a photo or two posted from every day.






After making our way back home we had a nice reception here with those we were not able to have at the ceremony. We had Starla's birthday, Thanksgiving (one of my favs), Starla's surgery, Chris's first birthday with the family, Gracie turned 8 (and is so cute and spoiled) and then Christmas very quickly snuck up on us.




Christmas has been wonderful. The entire family had a wonderful day, lots of yummy food and I think everyone was happy with what Santa brought them but more than anything happy that we were together. John and I came home in between stops to Skype with family in the UK and then we were on to another meal. Ha ha ha





I surpassed my 1 year with UHC back in October as well. It was been a great year+ and I am happy and thankful to say that each and every day I can say "I'm Blessed".

The world did not end last week (YAY) so I am looking forward to 2013, a trip to spend time with family in England and all of the new adventures life has in store for us and our loved ones. I just know it is going to be another great one!

So, with hopes of things being a little less hectic this year as well I truly do intend on updating you more on here.

In 2013 I will continue posting my photos even if no one sees them, I will continue with the same resolution I had for the two previous years; do something new, go somewhere new, be open (it's worked great for me so why fix what's not broken?) and I will remind myself daily to not take those I love for granted, the little things in life and to always work at improving myself.


“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”

- Helen Keller



No comments:

Post a Comment