Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wow....what a week it has already been and Wednesday is just getting started!  Please keep my friends Eliz & Michael Greene & family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks.  Michael's  father lost his battle with cancer yesterday morning at 9am.  I know they have a very tough road ahead of them and you can never have too many prayers and good thoughts!  They have been wonderful friends to me over the years and I am very thankful to have them in my life.

Work....well has been work.  Nothing too special same ole same ole.  I think my sister's kids are really starting to heal and recover from all they have been through with their father and that is just amazing!  Jeramy is in 10th grade and get this....LOVES SCHOOL!  That just makes me grin ear to ear, I wish I had enjoyed it like he does.  Starla also brought home her best ever grades this last grade card....Wooo Hooo!  I am so proud of both of them for sure.  They are just such amazing little people.  Yes I still call them little even though at 15 he is just about 6'2" and at (next week she will be) 13 she is like 5'5"-5'6"!  They are both bigger than me.  I love them, love them and hope that they only continue to learn, be loved and grow into the amazing people I know they will be.

I have a friend Ryan who has just done amazing things.  She was on season 2 of the Biggest Loser (which mind you I did not watch...)  My sister talked about this inspirational local girl with such passion that I just had to get to know her.  Well years later here we are and I have gotten to know her.  The more I know her the more I find I like about her.  This girl doesn't stop.  No matter what seems to be thrown her way, no matter what speed bumps she rolls across she just keeps on truckin'!  I think it is wonderful.  I am excited also to have the opportunity to work with her to promote her new business, Foxey Moxey Fitness & Events, LLC.  I have flyers and a big 8' banner on the way for her big "Grand Opening" and I can't wait to see them.  WBIR Live at Five stopped by and filmed at her new studio yesterday morning - WAY TO GO RYAN!

I met with a new client yesterday and we signed the contract to set up her new website and went over some proofs for the new business cards and logo.  Soon everyone will get to learn more about The Chocolate Laides!  They are such a nice, wonderful group of people that I am excited to get to work with.  Truly, truly nice!  The website will be nothing super flashy or overpowering but will be fun and of course filled with chocolate!  They are also right down the road from my home which could cause an issue with my waistline if I am not careful!  lol

Saturday is my Premier Show for Race for the Cure.  I am hoping that it goes well as portions from the sales will go to support my Race for the Cure which is coming up on October 30th!  Yes, that is soon.  I just can't believe how soon.  It seems like just yesterday I was telling mom how the yellow flowers on the bush next to the heat/air unit were so pretty when it first started to bloom and now I am thinking how pretty it is that the fall colors are starting to show and hoping we get a little more rain so they trees will be pretty a bit before they shed their leaves for winter.  I love fall though, it is by far my favorite time of year!

My Spooky Bistro
A little more decorating at the house this weekend and a little cleaning which I must get finished these next couple nights!  Hannah one of the little girls I wrote about before that was in the fire in NC got to come home and spend some time this weekend with one of her dearest friends and they  had such a good time.  She will get to return to school soon, still wearing a protective suit be she and her siblings still have a long road ahead of them so please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well!

I still have my Thirty-One Online Catalog show going on so Ladies get your orders in before we close it out and email if you have any questions!!  http://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/catalog.aspx?eventId=E321483&from=DIRECTLINK

October Show Special $5 Tote!


Hope that everyone is having a wonderful week!

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. 
Always remember, you have within you the strength, 
the patience, and the passion to reach for the 
stars to change the world."
 
~Harriet Tubman

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new client! great job :) so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. I will keep them in my prayers. Thanks for the shout out to Hannah! I am so happy they are getting better!

    ReplyDelete