Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nicole..................

So, I have been a little busy, sinus infection and then strep so I am behind on my blog.  I will try to get back on track with it.  Just a lot of changes going on in my life.

Anyway, I have written about Nicole in my past posts.  She lost her battle with Stage 4 Liver Cancer Friday morning around 5am.  I know we are not supposed to question things that happen like this, we are not supposed to question God and his plan.  I think it is hard not to though, especially in times like these.  I think we are only human, I think we all question things. I sat and watched The Christmas Shoes tonight. I have seen it before but tonight it was so different. I cried and thought about Nicole and her two young kids Megan and Bradley.  I can't begin to imagine what they have been going through as they have watched their mother battle so hard since May.  Watching the boy in this movie and him having to deal with such devastation at his age. My mom is my world and just the thought of it brings me to uncontrollable tears. I know there is a reason they are having to deal with all of this (I know I will simply never understand these things but I have to accept them) and I can only pray and hope that their mother's courageous battle and example she has set for them will somehow benefit them down the road when facing their trials.  I know she was a fighter, she was strong, funny, stubborn! Ha! The stubborn is likely the reason we got along so well when we were younger and by the same token butted heads when we didn't agree; we are both very stubborn.  I am thankful to know that she is not suffering anymore, that she is healthy and that she is now with her father which she lost years ago.  I hope that everyone will continue to lift Megan, Bradley and the entire family up in prayer as I know they have a long and difficult road ahead of them. I pray that we will some day find a cure, a way to end all of the pain and suffering.

Nicole, Megan & Bradley  ( <3 how she rocked the wig! )

The world of facebook. Nicole shared her battle, her ups and downs with all of us. It was a much needed release for her but in doing that I think that the touched so many people.  Her battle made it so very easy for me to participate in the "Thankful Challenge" on facebook. If you are not familiar with that, during the month of November we were to list something each day that we were thankful for. I always tried to make sure what I posted was unique each day.  I was however a little disappointed that so few participated.  It was myself, my mother, my aunt Lisa and my friend Julie.  I did not see anyone else post daily.  I think in the coming year I will try and post something each week that I am thankful for. I agree with my friend Katie's blog that people should not just be thankful one day of the year.  I think that in the coming year I will try and post something I am thankful for at least once a week.

"Our earthly loss is always a heavenly gain
Although our hearts hurt and mourn in humanly pain
The fact still remains the same
That Heaven Has Gained more Love
To sprinkle down from above"

~ Antonio Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment