Friday, March 30, 2012

Oh my goodness......It has been way too long!

So, I just don't know where to start.  I haven't written since December, shame on me!  Anyway as always there has been A LOT going on.  The new job is still going well.  I enjoy being home, I enjoy sleeping better and less stress!!  YAY!!  I have learned lately from questions from various people that there is a huge misconception about my job.  Yes, I work at home.  Yes, I can work in my pjs.  BUT I do way more work!  I am busy all day long.  I don't get much free time at all.  It is OK though, I enjoy it.  I would rather be sitting here at 3:45 and realize that I should have quit working at 3:30 rather than to be sitting there at 1:45 watching the clock and waiting for the day to end.  The job is very detail oriented.  You are dealing with claims, medical coverage and all so everything has to be entered in correctly.  I work for a great organization and one that has this telecommuter thing down to a science.  Everyone assumes that you can just do as you wish and nobody will know....HA!  No, they monitor everything (Wouldn't you?  I would!)  Of course, I have the mind set that if you are doing your job and doing what you are supposed to do then who cares?  I don't.  Of course after explaining all of this to my nephew yesterday he decided it was a bit too much for him that he was not cut out for working from home.  Truth.....not everyone can work from home.  You can't be distracted by everything else around you.  It takes a lot of self discipline and self motivating.  It works great for me but again, no, it isn't for everyone.  I am very happy with it though.


The kids are doing well.  Starla starts high school next year and JD will be a senior......CRAZY!  They are both so amazing though!  


Wedding plans are moving along.  We will be getting married on the hill at Diana at Biltmore on October 7th.  My dress was ordered in Jan.....good lord, I can't believe it takes 4-6 months to get a dress....craziness.  Working with a photographer on our Engagement photos and so long as all goes well we will have him booked for the wedding as well.  So location - booked, music - booked, Cake - tasting is the 21st...YUM, Shoes - purchased and are safely packed away, I am doing my own flowers and have started working on those.  Mom and I are going in the morning to choose fabric for the bridesmaid dresses.  I am working on favor bags and looking at some different options.  So......it is still a work in progress but things are moving along and a decent pace.
I went to school with this designer, check her out!
http://annrothshoes.com/
Gracie is GREAT and spoiled as ever!  How can you not love a face like that.....she is my baby!  John is like her little buddy which is HILARIOUS since everyone knew him to "not be a dog person".  They go on little hikes together and everything.  Ha ha see.....you can't help by love her.



SNAPSHOTS......Well I am still doing this.  Can you believe it?  Since Jan 1, 2011 I haven't missed a single day. I have posted a picture every day.  I am working on my 2011 coffee table book but some of my photos were not uploading the other day....gotta figure out what is up with that.




JEEP!  Yep, got a new Jeep.  Well John traded the C7 and got the Jeep so he could "play" on weekends and I could drive it and he drive my car to work now.  I am good with that because I LOVE the Jeep!

So.......I guess there is a quick run down.  LOL  I will have to get better at this updating for sure!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring weather!




" People are often unreasonable and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. 
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. 
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. 
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. 
Give your best anyway. 
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. 
It was never between you and them anyway.” 

~ Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment