Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long Weekends & Short Weeks!

Well the long weekend was very much needed, even more so than I thought for me.  Friday night met up with Linda, Girl Terri (we have two Terry/Terri guy/girl in our group) and Mom and went to see Sex & The City 2.  Ha ha it was hilarious!  Samantha cracked us up the entire time.  It was good.  Work/life has been so full of stress lately a good evening of laughing was just what the Dr ordered.  

Saturday night about 15 of us went to Hillside for Linda's birthday.  We had a good time and dinner was great although we got a little loud back there in that corner!  Sunday did a little around the house and a little cleaning and then we decided to bring snacks/appetizers and a couple bottles of wine to the back porch where we watched The Bounty Hunter on the big screen and enjoyed the summer sounds outside.  All of the little critters are out and about this time of year.  

I came home Sunday all excited that I could sleep in on Monday.....HA!  I was wide awake at 5:18 am....Wide Awake!  So about 7 had this great idea to go walking and sent mom a text to see if she wanted to meet at walk...She said 8.  About 7:45 we were ready to go and both realized it was raining....lol  So plans changed and we went to Lowes.  We got 600lbs of stone for her house and then off to TJ Maxx where I finally found the perfect pot for my Hibiscus plant...for $9.00!!  Heck the plastic ones at big lots were $17.  Crazy!  Finally got my plant re-potted it it's pretty new pot!  

So back to the house where we then unloaded 600lbs of stone at mom's and then sat on the back porch for a while.  I finally got home and got the rest of my pictures hung.  The 1st set I purchased for the hallway that I painted the frames ended up in the guest room and the 2nd set i purchased for the hallway are now hanging in my living room...ha ha ha  Well my hallway does at least have one picture that I chose and stuck with so at least it is no longer bare.   I seem to have misplaced (or rather I think dad hi-jacked and left in his drill case) my masonry drill bit so I had to wait for dad to come by before I could hang the water hose holders at the front and back of the house.  He had been at Misty's so he had a box of drill bits with him, not the one we needed but we got creative and made it all work and got both hung.  

Today was our Monday for the work week.  It went fairly smoothly although I am still very pleased it is a short week.  I went and worked out then came home and tackled Gracie and gave her a bath then cranked up the grill for dinner.  Killing two birds with one stone I grilled part of the chicken and boiled part of it on the grill eye for quesidillas tomorrow night so at least dinner is for the most part ready for tomorrow night.  Maybe I will get some laundry done!  Watching a little tv and here at knock at the door....A surprise visit from my nephew Jeramy and his friend Kurtis.   About 30 minutes later someone rings the doorbell (now I know this is not Jearmy because he has yet to catch on to the fact that the thing by the door that lights up is a doorbell and he just bangs on the glass door. lol) so I go to the door....Another surprise visit, this time from my niece Starla!  I love that we are all in the same neighborhood!!

Before & After  :o)
































A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, 
the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, 
and the lawn mower is broken.  

~James Dent

No comments:

Post a Comment