Monday, June 7, 2010

"You can't do anything about the length of your life, 
but you can do something about its width and depth. "
~ Shira Tehrani

I found out today that an old friend from school is fighting stage 4 liver cancer.  32 years old, single mother of 2 (10 & 12).  To find out you have it and the just a few weeks later find out it is stage 4.  I mean one just cannot begin to imagine what she is facing, what she is dealing with, her struggle of how to talk to her children about it.  Back to my blog from Friday:
  1. Cancer - It can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME at ANY AGE to ANY RACE to ANY SEX to ANY RELIGION - YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE!
You just can't help but wish there were something you could do, something you could do to make it better, make it go away and you just can't.  My thoughts and prayers are no doubt with her and her family during this  time.


Our school mate Gary Rice has been battling cancer as well and it seems things are looking up for him.  Keep him in your thoughts & prayers as well.  There is only so much within our control.  We can give our thoughts and prayers, we can find a cause and support it.  Whatever it is.  It is all we can control.  So when I walk on June 25th I will have so many people in my thoughts and prayers and so very much on my mind.


So again, find a cause, find something that you can do to make a difference and do it.  If you are interested in helping with Relay, joining or donating let me know I will send you the link or whatever it is that hits close to home for you, that you are passionate about, just do something, somewhere.

Please pray for a friend I'm thinking
of today who is very sick with cancer, 
32 yrs old. She has children that need her. 
God please bless her, keep her safe, and heal her. 
Life is so difficult sometimes, 
often makes you ask why things are so hard.
Thank you for blessing me & my family with our health.
Something we all consistently take for granted, 

let's be grateful more often and more gracious to others always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment