Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So...A little behind in updating lately.  Just been trying to get caught back up since I returned from vacation and all.  It was a short trip but better than nothing, that's for sure!  Surprisingly I did not take many pictures this trip but I will post a few. 



Gracie exploring the condo (I haven't taken her in 3 years!)
Eating sand and playing in the ocean
Investigating the beautiful shell Jeramy found that morning
IT WAS ALIVE!
Surfside Pier from the Garden City Pier

This past Sunday we celebrated Father's Day since I was out of town on Father's Day.  I made homemade (and from the garden) Cucumber Dilly Salad, pasta salad, Sock-It-To-Me cake, sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and Grilled Italian/BBQ Chicken....it was all really yummy!

Yummy cake and my fresh cucumbers which went in all the salads


Work has been well, lets just say a little hectic and a little more than stressful!  Friday the 25th we walked in the Relay For Life in Downtown Knoxville.  Overall our team (The Knoxville Optimist Club) raised $7,000.00!  I know, it's crazy!  Everyone did a wonderful job and once the sun went down it was great!  I could have stayed longer and kept walking but I think my Gracie was ready for me to come home and let her out!  LOL  We got home about 1am.
Will have to add this picture tomorrow!

Had a visit today from a good friend and met his wife and little girl for the first time!  Hayden turned 1 on June 27th.  She was a sweetie and was running all over the house exploring everything.  Getting around quite well for a 1 year old, I was surprised!  It was great catching up though in person rather than long distance.


Well I will try and update some more over the next few days, just a quick update.  

"If we do not plant knowledge when young, 
it will give us no shade when we are old."

~ Lord Chesterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment