Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The long weekend......well not so long after all.  Oh well, enjoy it while you can I guess is your only option.  Lots going on and lots of heat.....I MISS SPRING & FALL!  For real, it never happened at all.  95+ every day is getting very old.   My little birds are doing well, I will have to try and get a new picture to update.  :)  They will soon fly away I am sure.

Friday night we went to see ECLIPSE!  Yes I know, some of you will roll your eyes and say "oh lord"!  OMG.....It really was the best of the 3 they have shown thus far and I am just not sure how the next one will be better.  I could really go see it again, no problem!  I mean every time a new movie in a series comes out they always say "this is the best one so far" and you go off to see it and then you come home disappointed.  Well, they actually got it right this time.   It was great!

My cousin Miranda had her little boy Friday as well.  Oh  my, he is a cutie for sure!  Of course, it always seems the pics are snapped before they are all cleaned up and looking their Sunday best but none the less, I saw him, he is precious!  7lbs 4.7 oz. of cuteness!  Babies are like puppies....I LOVE THEM!  They are always so sweet.  Of course we have a 3 month old at the office now.  He is here 3-4 days a week.  (boss' daughter's son)  He is a cutie too.

Meet Jayden (born 7-2-10)


Finally made my way to SAMS over the weekend.  It was a much needed trip, now if I could just manage to make my way to the grocery store I would be doing good!  ha ha  I made some repairs to the roof of my gazebo swing and got it put back on.  Now, if it could just cool down a bit outside I could actually enjoy it!   Oh my, this heat is wearing me out!

I really did not do a lot on Sunday just some laundry and stuff and tried to rest a bit.  Sunday night we grilled out and shot off some fireworks and then lit up the fire pit to roast marsh mellows.  Around here if July 4th falls on a Sunday it get celebrated Saturday and they do the same thing with Halloween.  It was not like that growing up but after being here so long I have adjusted.  Monday I was off at the office but had to meet with a new client (for my job2).  We met for about 2.5 hours and I left there with his MAC PC in my possession so that made me feel like he had confidence in me.  lol   I will take over maintaining his website for www.hopeoutdoors.org and will be in charge of all of his print work.  Business cards, post cards, rack cards, brochures and stuff.  It is a great organization and if you like charities that work with children or hunting...check it out!  They took a group of kids to Dollywood Thursday that would not have otherwise had that opportunity and they had a blast.  They have a second business they have started and I will be doing all of the print work for them as well.  I sent in a quote today do build and design that website and am keeping my fingers crossed!  It will be a lot of work but I could use the extra $ so I am willing to do it!!  He called and left me a voice mail and sounded positive after receiving my quote so I am hopeful.  I will have to wait until I get home from job 1 before I can call and follow up on job 2 though, I do my best not to mix them, better not to!

Hope Outdoors is a non-denominational Christian outdoor ministry that partners with caring organizations and churches across the nation to facilitate hope through outdoor activities. Our outreach is directed to those men, women and children who may be ill or disabled, and in need of a little help and brotherly love to see their outdoor passions fulfilled. Some are looking to be re-introduced into an activity they once loved, while others are discovering a new and exciting way to live life to its fullest.

Our partners in hope help us provide opportunities where dreams can become reality. If you are looking for a blessed and effective way to touch the lives of those less fortunate, your help is greatly needed. To become a Partner In Hope, a sponsor, contributor, or a member please call or email us today. There is not a better way to spread the love of Christ than through God’s majestic outdoors! 

Until our trails cross again,

Hope Outdoors Staff


I took a break yesterday evening and went with mom and mamaw to The Point to have dinner by the lake.  The service was horrible but the food and view were nice!  Then it was back home to watch the bachelorette and finish the business cards and rack cards for Trophy Destinations.  It was a lot of work for me to get done all in 1 day but before the evening was over it was done and sent for printing!  The quicker I work, the quicker I get paid...ha ha ha

Today has been OK, just a little long.  I think I needed an extra day but oh well, do what we gotta do.  I am waiting on everyone to get my time sheets so I can get payroll done, that should make tomorrow fly by!

Well until later.......Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend with their families and loved ones!


"We find no real satisfaction or happiness
in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve."

~ Maxwell Maltz

No comments:

Post a Comment