Tuesday, September 21, 2010

68 SECONDS........

WOW!   Did you know that somewhere in the world   

a woman dies from breast cancer Every 68 seconds?

So.....

1 Day = 86,400 Seconds
86,400/68 = 1,270.59 Lives Lost Per Day


I am pretty sure this is still sinking in with me!  I mean every minute that goes by some amazing person, someone's loving wife, mother, sister, friend, neighbor, co-worker is dying.  How do we lose a person, a living, breathing human being every 68 seconds and just do nothing about it?  I just can't fathom that.  

If you are unable to help, please pass it along to others you know that may be able to help.  It has never been more clear to me how much every single $1.00 bill helps!  The price of a soda or a candy bar can help save lives! 





Women agonize... over cancer; 
we take as a personal threat 
the lump in every friend's breast.  

~Martha Weinman Lear, Heartsounds  

No comments:

Post a Comment