Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Gracie on the way home...YAY!



Friday!  Yes, I am well aware that today is Thursday but for me it is Friday.  A very much needed Friday.  It is currently 2:30 and I would do just about anything if I could get it to be 4:30 with the blink of an eye today.  What an evening.  I got home yesterday and poor Gracie looked like she had tried to gnaw her little leg off.  Oh my, I saw it and just wanted to cry so I called the Animal Hosp down the road (that's her normal vet too) and rushed her down there.  They had to shave 4" of hair off her little leg....boo!  Well they call it a "hot spot" and they said it was either from an allergy flare up or she was bitten by a spider or stung by a bee.  :o(  They gave her a steroid shot and an antibiotic.  Of course it is a new one and a liquid one!  Uggghhh.....so you would have all gotten such a kick out of me last night.  I had to sit in the floor and pretty much put my little girl in a head lock to get the medicine in her.  It is a workout!  She is good with pills, not such a fan of liquid so it takes some real extra effort.  I didn't sleep much so when I got tired of tossing and watching early news I got up, go ready, stopped and got gas and breakfast and came to work.    Above is a snap shot of my baby on the way home from the vet.  She loves car rides like crazy! 

Today has been very long, very busy, very stressful and well just a bit annoying.  I am going on 100 different directions, dealing with an office PC that I promise if not going to make it much longer if it does not start to work properly and people that just seem to no matter what the reason, cause or need refuse to work well with others.  Compromise people, it is really not so hard.  Just try and focus and realize that there are multiple people in this world.  Everyone would benefit much more by at least trying to make an effort to work well with others.  I know....good luck with that one right!

On the other side....I could not be more pleased that today is my Friday.  I need it, need it, need it!!!!  The past few months my life has become way too stressful.  I am only 31 but I swear I am aging on a daily basis.  I am hoping the extended weekend is a nice break allowing at least some temporary relief.

I hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable extended weekend!!  Make the most of it!!  



UT Vols first game is Sat and they have decided to put it on PPV so I will not be watching it.  I will be checking in for updates though.....Let's hope this new coach can actually coach!!  V-O-L-S Go Vols Go!





Niceness Detox Tip of the Day:

Make a list of all the times you wish you'd said,
"I don't think so."  It's a good reminder of why
Toxic Niceness doesn't work for you and next time
you will be better prepared.


"Life does not consist mainly, 
or even largely, of facts and happenings. 
It consists mainly of the storm of thoughts 
that are forever blowing through one's mind."

~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment