Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No Guts, No Glory

A motto we should all live by, right?  It sounds simple; No Guts, No Glory.  

I have to say though I find more and more this is a motto lost on most these days.  I am guilty as well when it comes to just going for something.  I am always questioning the outcome and second guessing.  

On the simpler side though; No Guts, No Glory: Be Honest, Be Real, Stand Up for what you believe in; this is an area I really think more people need to work on.  My mother would tell you that on occasion I am too honest/too blunt but at the same time at least you know where you stand.  I mean it seems as though even with the simplest of tasks people just don't have the guts anymore.  Those that do absolutely get my respect for it without hesitation but I am just so not pleased with the lack of it I see these days.  

You have people running all over the top of one another, taking those they should be so very grateful for and tossing them aside like last weeks leftovers.  It is happening between friends, in relationships, in the workplace; it just seems never ending.

I had a friend that said yesterday they were so tired of being friends with people that don't put forth the effort yet do all the complaining.  So I say, it's time for spring cleaning.  I know I posted a blog on this March of last year (I think it was March).  You have these concerns and you worry about being that way, I get that, I really do.  In the long run though, those that matter, those that will do your life justice and vise versa, they will stand up.  Those that do not, well you will be better for it.  It takes some adjusting of course but it is a stress-er in your life that you don't need.  Let's face it, these days we can all use a little less stress in our lives.  Surround yourself with more supportive people rather than those that are always pulling you down.

If you have something to say, say it.  I mean really, you will never be able to please everyone and you will never be pleased by everyone.  (This is something I have worked on as well.)  It is just a simple fact of life so why spend so much time biting your tongue?  That same friend (spoken of in the prior paragraph); we are in some ways a lot alike and in others we are very different.  Here is the thing though, we respect that.  RESPECT, such a simple thing but so lost on so many as well.  I love that we are different.  We learn from one another and it all balances out.  I know I have said this before but if we were all the same it would be a very boring life.  I love that I learn something new every day from the people in my life.  I embrace it.  Not to say you wont all drive one another crazy from time to time but hey, it makes life interesting.

Anyhoo, just a few things I had on my mind.

It is your choice:    Step Up or Be Stepped On

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://rens2011dailysnapshot.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment