Saturday, April 24, 2010

Busy day today.........

Had a great dinner with John (aka Pirate) and Ronnie last night at a little place in Erwin/Greenville called The Farmers Daughter.  Set out on the patio of the country store next door on these beautifully made and super comfortable gliders/swings.  Of course the down side of all that time outside meant I had to lose the contacts when I get home and trade them in for allergy drops and glasses...LOL  So, I was supposed to call dad when I get in, he does not normally ask me to do this so it was not regular routine, and of course I was so tired and my eyes were so itchy I forgot.  My phone rang early this morning...

Dad:  What are you doing?


Me:  Ummmm sleeping. (duhhh)


Dad:  Oh, what time is it?


Me:  7:30 am (on a Saturday morning mind you)


Dad:  Oh, well that is what you get when you forget to call me when you get in.


Me:  OH CRAP!  

Boo! on being woke up early but I had to get up at 8 anyway so I guess it is ok.  LOL

Got up and picked up little man (aka nephew Jeramy) and Starlabug (aka niece Starla) and we headed off to Jearmy's first Anger Management Class (aka...Karate).  He enjoyed two hours of class and Starlabug and I walked 3 miles!  Curves is only open 9-11 on Saturdays so clearly I was not getting my workout in today.
(Starlabug)                
After that we headed to Chick-fil-a, we were all a little starved at that point.  Left there and went to pick up Josh (sister's beau) and took him to the house to get ready for work (Misty was stuck at an appointment and he was stuck there with her...LOL) ren to the rescue!  To my pleasant surprise when we got home the guys were here finishing up the siding and soffit.  Gutters should go up on Monday and then it will be done!  Yipee!

So, along with my baby bunnies out back I also had a bird's nest with little eggs.  Well I told the gutter guys I understand you have to move the next (it was sitting on the down spout) but please don't leave them in my yard!  I really preferred they live but everyone had said that was unlikely.  Well before he left today he said "Oh, let me show you something".  OMG......They were so nice, they had set the next under the porch very carefully on Wed and didn't tell me.  They wanted to make sure the mommy bird would come back and take care of them because apparently by Wed the little babies had hatched!  That was so sweet of them.  So my bunnies have hopped away and my little birds are getting feathers!  YAY!  With all the chaos this week all my critters were saved.  I know, some may say that I am silly, but I really prefer for them to survive so I was pleased! Storms are moving in tonight so I have done my best to secure their area and from here they are in God's hands for the remainder of the storms.  I am sure he will take good care of them. (\o/)


After the guys finished and cleaned up Linda stopped in and we decided to go grab dinner.  Went my mom's to try and take down her large chimes and hanging plants with the hope they will be safe for the evening and then on to my house to do the same.  By the time I made it in for the night my coat was so soaking wet I had to just toss it in the tub!  lol  Maybe it will start to dry out by tomorrow.

Since we changed our schedules around a little today we will be heading out to the Titanic Museum in the morning.  This is a project my company has worked on so I am curios to check it out for more than one reason.  Hopefully the rain will not be too bad tomorrow!

Please take a moment before you call it an evening and say a little prayer for all of those that have been devastated today by the tornadoes throughout our region.


"Keep away from people who try to 
belittle your ambitions. 
Small people always do that, 
but the really great make you feel that 
you, too, can become great" 
Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Ok so the Farmer's Daughter is awesome!!! I have been there several times. We should all go one saturday.

    I just wanted you to know how much I love you and I appreciate our friendship. You are at times the only person that gets me and I am very thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so up for it Jules! I want to go back and chill out on that amazing glider at the country shop next door! he he

    Loves ya Juliebean!

    ReplyDelete