Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things that soothe my soul....

In great need of a vacation I tend to think about the little things that Soothe My Soul.

                                        
 Sand & Salt ~ There seems to be nothing like laying back in the heat of the sun with the waves crashing and the salty beach air to make all of my worries just temporarily go away.  For whatever reason I can manage at that time to block out all of the background noises. I can lay there all day and never get tired of it.





 

Snow ~ Yes, I am quite aware of the fact that my friends in NC had a bit too much of it this year and that yes, it is indeed not winter but no matter what is going on, how I am feeling there is something about looking out and seeing those amazing, sparkling, beautiful little creations fall from heaven.  They totally make my heart smile! If only for a brief moment there is this feeling of just being at ease.


Sound ~ No, not just any sound but I noticed there was an "S" theme going on here, not sure about that.  Anyway, music, totally takes me somewhere else.  Sometimes I just like to shut everything off but the music.  I listen to about anything.  Bootleg Jerry Garcia, Janis Joplin, Norah Jones, Amos Lee, Zac Brown, BB King, Adelle, Lady A, Alabama, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dylan, Skynard and the list goes on and on. Shut everything off, a nice glass of wine, turn the volume up and close your eyes...It is a little like a mini-getaway!

"By the light of the moon, she rubs her eyes
Says It's funny how the night can make you blind
I can just imagine" 

Of course no matter what the day has been like or how frustrated I get at times when I walk in the door and that little fur ball comes running around the corner she is getting ready to do something that makes me say "silly girl" and just laugh.  Laughing is good for us so I will gladly take it.

Anyway, nothing major today just a little of this and that.



"The highest courage is to dare 
to appear to be what one is"
~ John Lancaster Spalding 

1 comment: