Monday, May 23, 2011

Introspection.........

"...why should we not calmly and patiently review our own thoughts, and thoroughly examine and see what these appearances in us really are?" 
~ Plato
 
Introspection......I feel like my entire year thus far has been filled with it!  I guess I have to take blame for that though.  I set out at the first of the year and decided it was going to be a year of change for me.  I was going to make some big changes, I was going to do things I would have not done in the past and so on.  I have to say, I have done a little better at this than I originally thought I would and we are not even half-way through the year so I am pleased with that.  Of course with all of that introspection comes the good and the bad.  There are light and easy days and there are heavy days.  Days that you just feel a bit like the weight of the world is planted firmly, centered on your chest.  My nephew informed I had been changing quickly....lol  I told him only because I pushed myself to do so.  He said there were things he would like to change about himself and I told him he had to just make it a challenge for himself as I have done.  Approach one thing at a time and most importantly, start before I did!  HA!  
Anyway......More on all of that later.   I took Starla to see Bridesmaids on Sunday.  It was actually pretty funny.  Then we took a ride, had to have a snap shot!  Speaking of, when I got home from the movies I checked my messages to find a message from someone who said:
"I went hiking today and took several pics which had me thinking of your daily post, wow you have some great shots and just want to know that your post were enough to get me out and shooting some."
" I guess I kinda wanted to thank you cause I had a great day shooting and hiking, which I've not done as much as I used to, so thanks for being you"  ~ Bri

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with me.  It means a lot to me that you took the time to actually tell me.  I know there are a ton of people that read my blogs and check out my daily snapshot blog without ever speaking a word.  I am totally cool with that, don't get me wrong.  My blogs are set up so that anyone, anywhere can read them, comment on them or even just click next if they have no interest.  It is always nice to know though that somewhere they have a positive impact on someone. 

The snapshot blogs was one of my new challenges.  I am happy to say that so far I have done good, there is a post for every day of the year!  I love photography.  I am by no means an expert and I have a lot to learn.  Maybe, just maybe, one day I will save for a more proper camera and maybe even take a class.  Who  knows.  Although I have always been more of one to learn by trial and error.  I know this is not always the best or easiest way but I think that in the end all that you learn, good and bad, tends to stick with you more!  Just my opinion, we all have those ya know.  Either way, it has been good for me and it has allowed me to open my eyes and sometimes see something crazy beautiful in something that just months before I would have driven right past and not taken a second look.  It allows you to appreciate so much more in life, you take more time, you really take things in. Who knows, maybe I will go crazy and continue it through 2012?  We shall see.  I will start working on my book soon.  I think that if I don't start uploading and placing photos now that when I am ready to do my 2011 Coffee Table Book I will be completely overwhelmed!

Well, it is Monday, as much as I truly do not want to I suppose I should get to work! 

6 comments:

  1. I admit to not commenting daily. Love your posts though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....I know you read and look at them Christie. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two most useful tools I've come across for helping to understand myself, why I am the way I am, how I can better interact with others, and what makes me different from other people, are the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and The Five Love Languages.

    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-five-love-languages-test

    The MBTI personality types tend not to change with time, though the strengths of the preferences might vary a little depending on life situations.

    The guy who came up with The Five Love Languages thinks that we each have only one, and I rather strongly disagree with that. I seem to have three, and I flip back and forth between two as to which seems more important at any given point in time, depending on what I'm not getting out of my various relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I will wait a while and take that 2nd one again and see if it changes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. l...Commented on your FB page.

    ReplyDelete