Saturday, May 21, 2011

So, I have been a bit slack due to the simple fact that I just haven't been home much!  So today I took my nephew to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean IMAX 3D movie.  We made a trip by Dillards so I could pick up a few things and then we headed to lunch at Calhouns.  Food was great as always and our waitress was quite entertaining as well.  My nephew cracks me up.  As most know I sort of swore off dating for some time and well recently I decided to get back into it.  So, my nephew decided it was time he tell me what HE thought was important for me to focus on.  (He is 16 so that makes it that much better)  So listed below are the things he thought were Important:

  • He has to be very good to me
  • He should be able to get along with him (my nephew - ha ha ha, gotta love him)
  • He should make me laugh
  • He should take me nice places 
  • He should have a good job
  • He should enjoy some of the same things that I enjoy doing
  • He should not enjoy something that will occupy too much of his time and take attention away from me (this one made me giggle)
  • More importantly he says, this guy should NOT hurt me.  If he does he will break his legs and .....Well I just wont repeat the rest of that but I am sure you get the point there.
  • Oh, and he said that he needed to be quick and witty.  Since I am...lol
  • He said that he can't be easily intimidated.  
  • He has to be able to keep up.
  • He said in some aspects he needs to counter me.
We discussed marriage and kids and all that stuff.  I also discovered that there are "bonus points" added for the one that actually asked if my nephew approved!  LMAO!  He was not too keen on the idea of me possibly getting married in the future.  He said that when people are not as good as they should be that Divorce ends up causing a lot of hurt and that he does not want me to be hurt that this would really, really upset him.  He is an insightful little thing isn't he?  So, even though he is in this stage of "I want to be a BA"  (bad ass, of course the fact that he doesn't even say it says a lot)  lol  It is very clear that he is a smart and loving young man.



IMAX was good as always - Can you go wrong with a 60' screen?





So tomorrow will be Starla's day.  We have plans to go see Bridesmaids.  I hear it is pretty funny.  She is a little in "girly" mode and decided that POTC 3 was just of no interest to her at this time.  LOL  No biggie, I haven't seen a lot of movies in the theatre lately so I am happy to take her.

I am way behind on house cleaning so I am hoping this next week to get caught up on that for sure!!  I can't stand that my house is so dirty!  Good lord, I have become my parents!  EEEKKKK


So, anyway there is a quick little update on things.  I will try and write more later!!

When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than youever dreamed yourself to be.




~ Patanjali – the author of Yoga Sutra





2 comments:

  1. He missed a couple really important things. First and foremost, he should be head-over-heels smitten with you. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Sure, it'll wear off after a couple years, but that's when love becomes a choice, and he should then choose to love you and choose to put effort into showing it however it is that you prefer to be showed.

    I've been through this a couple times, so I have an idea of how things are supposed to go down, and more importantly, I know the signs for when things don't work. While everything he said is important, there's a lot more to it than just that. Well, actually, maybe that's enough for just "dating" someone, but if you want to get past the first couple dates, you need more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha....Yes, there is more to it, and your valid points are of importance to me but my sweet nephew is just 16.....not a bad start for the opinions of a 16 year old boy.

    ReplyDelete