Sunday, May 8, 2011

M♥M

Well, today is Mother's Day and My Mother is, AMAZING.
 
My teacher, my rock, My Best Friend!


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~ Washington Irving 


I must admit, we do have our moments but, no matter what I always know that when nobody else is in my corner, SHE IS.  She is always there no matter what my sister and I or the kids need.  Really, she is always there for anyone, not just us.  She has always been that way though.  She taught us about God, how to be polite and respectful, how to be a friend and how to share. She taught us how to cook, knowing she would never actually stop; she taught us how to take care of ourselves.  She taught us the perfect way to roast a marsh mellow, how to laugh; even when we don't always feel like it.  She taught us to get out, explore, and this one is very important...when you gotta go, you gotta go but; never go up hill because that will get your shoes wet!  LOL


I know over the years my sister and I have absolutely put her through some hell; we were kids, we don't always do as we are taught.  Good and Bad, all of the proud and not so proud moments; Mom has never given up on us, she has always had our back and always been there to fight for us.  She taught us all of the big and little things in life but more than anything for her undying and unconditional love for us she taught us how to love; being the most amazing example one could ask for.  My mom has sort of always been everyone else's mom.  I have a couple friends during my teen years that actually lived with us for a while.  I remember growing up the BVS Football team always yelled "Hi Mom!" as soon as they saw her.  The kids always gathered at the house, we played ball in the back yard, fought in the front yard and she was always there.  Jimmy came to her when he fought with his father, Josh hung out and even went shopping the day after Thanksgiving, Geoff was willing to clean or so do anything she asked.  I am pretty sure he was much better behaved for her than anyone he has ever known.  When one girl was out with friends, drinking and terrified to go home in the middle of the night she knew it was OK to call Joyce and she would take care of her.  As always, she did.  Over the years we have no doubt become best friends.  We shop together, travel together and yes we actually "hang out".  For 15 years it was just my mother and I.  I can always depend on her.  Growing up she always set her own wants and needs aside for us kids and to this day she still does that very same thing.  I could not have asked for a better and more loving mother.












Because I feel that in the heavens above



The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me.
~Edgar Allan Poe


There are 365 days in every year.  Make no mistake, I recognize daily how blessed I am to have MY M♥M.  I have so many friends that have lost their mother's at such young ages.  I have a number of friends who's mothers are too far away for them to see.  I even know a few that never had the blessing of meeting their mothers, but I know their mother's have met them and watch over them daily, patiently awaiting the day they will finally meet again.  I often say a little prayer for them when I am thinking how lucky I am to have her and even more how lucky I am there she is literally just a call away when I need her.  I call her every day, not out of obligation or request but because it simply puts my heart at ease.  That will never change!  I could ramble on forever and ever about all the reasons I love my mother and about all the things that make her so wonderful so I will just stop now....LOL


To all of my friends that are Mother's, I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed day with those you love!  Love you!


God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. 

~ Jewish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment