Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sister....My Sister

Well I will start this post off about my sister.  We are 7 years apart in age so things were a little different for us growing up than with a lot of my friend's and their sisters.  They all seemed to be just about 1-2 years apart allowing for them to share in a lot more things growing up.  Yesterday morning I got in my car, head pounding, to head to work and saw a letter on my windshield.  So I got out and pulled it off and got back in the car.  I opened it and started to read it (all the while extending my late arrival to work even more) and my eyes actually teared up.  My sister had left a letter for me.  Yep, you know those things that people used to put on that stuff called paper before email, texting and facebook became our only forms of known communication.  It was very unexpected and very much appreciated so I thought I would post it here.  (She might get me for that later, but its OK)  I think if you click on it you can enlarge it.  Thank you sister and I love you!



Sister --------> 












Letter ------>














As far as the rest of the week thus far.....HECTIC!  We did have our new regular GNO last night and had a good time and added 2 new faces to the group.  Again, I just think everyone needs it and mid-week is a good time for it.  It has been raining the past two days.  Makes for a gloomy day but we have stayed 85-90 which has been such a nice change.  Shall I mention again.....I WANT FALL!!   I am cooking dinner for a friend of mine tonight.  I knew it was just going to be she and her son at home tonight and thought she might be better off to have some company so I offered to cook dinner.  This does mean I have to clean the counter off at lunch but that's OK....LOL  I am  glad to do it.  Anyway that is really about it for this week so far.  Nothing too major going on.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Keep Ethan, Hannah & Abby in your prayers as they are in the process of their multiple surgeries at Shriners in OH and their continued road of healing.

No insightful quote today, just a funny one.  I used to pluck my sister's gray hairs and now she gets mine. HA!

"A sister will always notice her 
sister's first gray hairs with glee."
 
~Allison M. Lee



4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome and sweet! Sisters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet! Funny how things change when you get older, huh? Tiff still hates me though ;) jk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Ha ha Christie....Tiff is gonna get you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a pretty good sister there. She is absolutely correct too. You do go above and beyond. You are a wonderful friend and I can honestly say you are more family than friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete