Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So very thankful that we are half way through the work week!  This week has just seemed like a chore from the start.  Made it back to workout yesterday....geesh miss a few weeks and it will get you good when you go back.  BOO!  I was hoping it would help me sleep better although no luck there.  It was still good for me though so I will just have to stick with that.  ha ha

To night is a little girl's night out.  Should be nice to just relax a bit and not think about work.  One of the girls wont be there tonight, her friend's 7 month old son passed away last week and she is going to spend some time with her.  Although she will be missed with us this evening this young woman needs her much more than we do tonight.  So very sad, no doubt.  I know you don't know them, I don't know them but please keep Chris and Amanda Blanchard in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time in their lives.

"On the night you were born,
the moon shone with such wonder
that the stars peeked in
to see you

and the night wind whispered,
'Life will never be the same.'

Because there had never been
anyone like you...
ever in the world."

~ Nancy Tillman


As we all sit and go throughout our day with our peeves and whatnot I hope we all can still step back and keep in mind....Things could be worse, we could be one of those less fortunate & we should be thankful for where we are, what we have & most importantly the loved ones in our lives.

With that being said......I really have an issue with all of these crazy, non-educated drivers out there that 1) Can't Drive and 2) Purchase vehicles they can't handle.  I mean really, if you have all the money in the world that is just great, I am truly happy for you but don't go wasting all that money on large SUVs that you can't even manage to maneuver through a drive-thru let a lone actually park properly!  I was seriously struggling between laughing my pants off just watching her so very slowly try and make her way into the drive through with her big Navigator and getting very aggravated that I was wasting time stuck behind this woman that I am starting to think could not find her way out of a wet paper bag with both ends cut out of it! It is like going to Turkey Creek and trying to do a little shopping and having to back out of an entire aisle just to park because that idiot in the Hummer that thinks they are so cool can't manage to get out of their parking spot because someone parked within 20 ft of them in either direction while they were in the store.  It is bad enough, in my opinion, that Driver's Ed is not required in the state of TN in order to drive but come on now, If You Can't Drive It, DON't Buy It!  I just don't think that should be too difficult.  There is the lovely update from my lunch hour.....LOL

Saturday will be lunch with the Pirate and Kameron. (for those just coming in, Pirate is my friend John from the United Kingdom.  It's an inside thing)  Anyhoo, he is here about 5 more weeks.  3 more for work and 2 strictly vacation time and then it is back to the United Kingdom for a bit.  One weekend soon I think we are headed back to Biltmore.  We went just before he left the country in May and he is dying to go back.  I haven't met Kameron yet but he wants me to meet her so we will see how that goes.  Hopefully she will turn out to be a good one!

Well it looks like I have a few things to finish up for the day before dinner out with the girls.  I think we all need it this week!  I hope that everyone is continuing to have a wonderful week!

"Behold the turtle. 
He makes progress only 
when he sticks his neck out."

~ James Bryant Conan


No comments:

Post a Comment