Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Really...

August already?  I can't believe it.  Yesterday was a Monday for sure.  The start of my least favorite month of the year and a Monday that felt so much like about 5 Mondays crammed into one!  It was one of those days I got off work, poured a glass of wine and just needed to chill a bit before anything else.  I have been on a sandwich kick for whatever reason lately but last night I decided to grill salmon.  It was a good change.  

I have been really bad about updating, not even pictures!  I really have not taken any.  I took one today at lunch though, just for this.  Christie said I needed to get my booty in gear with this blog thing...ha ha ha  HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early) Christie Angel Brookshire!!  (Look at that, you got your very own little shout out in my blog...ha ha ha)

Things have been moving at work, not sure they are really where I would like them to be but somewhere is better than nowhere....right?  On another note my side business PWD has really been picking up and I have been so very thankful for that.  I have Hope Outdoors (I know I have written about them before), Trophy Destinations, Trio Theatrical and ABC's Complete Auto Detailing.  They have all been keeping me very busy once I leave job 1 each day and weekends too!  Again, nothing but Thankful!  

If it is not one thing it is another.  Set funds aside for the dentist for myself and a cleaning for Gracie then desperately needed tires so first things first dental funds went to tires.  Ugghh maybe the side business will keep moving at a good pace and I will quickly have funds aside for dental again!  Although Ford is running a great deal on tires with $100 rebate so I am getting tires cheaper than ever before so that is a positive for sure.

I have been doing some catching up with old friends as well. (so at least you know I am doing something other than neglecting by blog and working HA)  A couple weeks ago I met up with Jessica & Johnny Howard and their two boys.  Gosh I had not seem them since 97-98 so that was a lot of catching up!  It was good to seem them though and I enjoyed catching up.  In some ways it was as if we picked up where we left off, crazy huh?  This past weekend Geoff & Joseph Dilts came to visit and see the house and family.  We normally catch up on a regular basis but with me buying the house and working on it I have not seen them in 2 years!  I can't believe how tall Sepy (Joseph) has gotten and he is a polite little young man, nothing like his daddy was at that age....ha ha ha  Sunday was a bit of a lazy day.  Caught up on some DVR stuff, visited with Mom a bit and watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice, it was a cute movie.

I am hoping to go workout today.  They are only open until 7 so with everything going on in the past few weeks I haven't been at all.  I think it is starting to take it's toll as well.  I just don't feel as good.  Hopefully it will make a difference getting back into the swing of things.  

Well that's it for now, must go finish up payroll now that lunch is over.  Ya know, that thing called WORK, always getting in the way huh?  Thankful to have a job though as I know there are so many out there less fortunate.

Please continue to keep our classmate Nicole Farlow in your thoughts and prayers as she is still battling every day for one more day with her children and to live her life.  Cancer = UGLY & MEAN!

October 30th is Race for the Cure.....I will keep everyone up to date on my plans with that this year.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful week thus far!

Well, I did not mean to drench this little one in water today but I am pretty sure it was much happier after I did so!  

btw.....Dear Mother Nature, 

Do you think you could drop it down a few notches?  I would be oh so very grateful!

Use what talents you possess; 
the woods would be very silent 
if no birds sang there except 
those that sang best.

~ Henry Van Dyke

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Shout out to me :) doesn't it feel good to blog? A little therapeutic I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if only those who flirted where only the hottest the world would be flirtless...

    ReplyDelete